He has been gone less than a week
and I feel as though so much has happened without him already. Unfortunately,
he is stationed at a small base in southern Afghanistan where they have no
running water, which means there is no Wi-Fi available to them. They have only Internet
on the government computers that they all must share for their work. So we are
not the lucky couples that can Skype or talk to their significant other every
day. We have to go back to snail mail and hope some emails go through for all our
communication.
I have been writing Jamie emails
everyday in hopes he able to read them or he will eventually. On top of that I
am writing him hand written notes with a little more detail about my days so it
still feels like he is here sharing it with me. This is my time that I am
dedicating to “spending” it with him, than when he gets them he feels like he was
there with me or sitting next to me when I tell him.
Yesterday, Sunday I went to my
first yoga class from the Groupon I bought. It was awesome! I really enjoyed it. I found it to be very
therapeutic. It gave me a chance to unwind and forget about my worries with
starting the new job, missing my love and everything else. I think it will definitely
help with my posture, flexibility and strength. I hope to make this a daily
thing!
After, Jenelle and I grabbed Bloody
Mary’s next door to yoga since they were having a special. What better way to
begin a morning with yoga and Bloody Mary’s?
The afternoon was spent with my
furry children walking them down to the beach from the apartments. After I began the
challenge… putting together the IKEA dresser we bought right before Jamie left!
We bought the matching piece when we first moved to California, but they have
been out of stock at almost all IKEAs in California since we’ve been here.
While we were in San Francisco I looked up the stock at the IKEA there and
found they has 2 left. We picked one up on our way home!
Anyway, I was putting this off because I am not what you would call a
handy woman! But it was a success! It took me about 3.5 hours to complete. A
lot easier than I had initially thought. I did get a pretty good paper cut from
the box and I got my thumb a few times with the hammer! I guess my eye-hand
coordination isn't so good as I thought!
(My IKEA dresser for the bedroom, finished and complete!)
I missed him a lot today. I started
at my new job today that I was feeling really overwhelmed and stressed out
about the last couple of days. I have never been one for change, it always
takes me awhile to adjust, and I was scared. But today was great! I love this
new facility I am working at it. It reminded me so much of where I worked in
Charleston. I am so excited about it! My new job is only 6 miles from
home instead of 45 miles. I have no traffic, get home at a reasonable hour and
get to spend those extra hours home doing whatever I want!
I got home from work and I let the
puppies play with their little playmates outside the apartments for over an
hour. It was great to not feel rushed after work to be productive and get
things done. The only thing that was missing when I got home was Jamie. I wish Jamie
were here to celebrate with a glass of wine. With this job I think will definitely
help our relationship when he returns because I will be happier, less irritable
and frustrated about where I was working and the traffic and waste of time I
was spending in the car, as well as gas money!
This evening I went to a Ballet Barre class offered by the same fitness gym I found through Groupon. The fintess gym is in Carlsbad Village and offers a variety of classes for all different ages and fitness levels. I always wanted to try barre classes, I have heard so much about them. I figure this is the time to be trying new things and than decide which one works the best for me or I enjoy more.
This class is to build, strengthen, lengthen and tone. It combines cardio with a ballet barre warm up that goes into core building, toning and stretching utilizing the physio-ball. I could definitely feel the burn in my butt, legs, core and arms. This class is mean to elongate the apperance of your body, which with all the strethcing and elongation of certain muscles I could see how you could get those results. It was challenging, but fun!! I would go again!
Well here is too a great week and Happy Thoughts!

No comments:
Post a Comment