Today, I had "me" day. After Jamie left
this morning at 7am I decided to lounge around and read a book with some hot
tea in bed. I am currently in the middle of Decision Points, by
George W. Bush. I find the book intriguing as it brings you into the mind of
the President throughout the different events and situations that occurred
while he was president. It breaks it down and allows you to see his viewpoint
and internal conflicts he had with himself with the decisions made. I believe
anybody in his position after the events of 9/11 would have reacted the same,
or very similar to how George W. Bush handled the situation.
After lying around in bed, I took the dogs down
to the Lagoon about 1 mile away from our apartment. It has a beautiful 3-mile trail,
which is dog friendly! I am so thankful that we live in such a beautiful area
that I can enjoy with my child pups!
I took down the Christmas decorations :( I love
Christmas time, it allows us to actually take time and spend with those who
truly matter to us. We stop and think of others instead of ourselves for a
change. So I packed up the tree, ornaments and lights and thought now that
Holiday season is over, what to look forward to now?
A new focus gives me something to work on,
instead of dwelling on my man being away, and soon to be deploying. My one goal
for the year is to really focus and better myself, through a healthier
lifestyle, such as eating habits, workout routine and read more. This has always
been a goal but this year I want to follow through with it whole-heartedly,
instead of half-assed!
I work full-time as an Occupational Therapist and have about a 50 minute commute each way everyday. I am not a morning person, and by the time I get home I am exhausted! But its a new year and new goals. Heres to following through!
Since moving here it has been a challenge for me
to find time to workout between work, and an affordable workout class or gym to
join in San Diego; so I was looking for something new! Luckily, a few weeks ago
I came across my friend Leah's blog Healthy Adventurer, about this 8 week online boot
camp class called Tina's Best Body Boot camp for $25. It
had a lot of wonderful reviews, and affordable; so I signed up! Today I
completed the Boot camp fitness test so I can keep track of my progress. I am
excited to start and hopefully get into a workout routine.
This evening I took a long bath, with a glass of wine and music. Perfect way to end a wonderful weekend.
Have a good start to the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment